Monday, December 31, 2012

Middle of January, 2008 - Mirror

I noticed that something seemed strange about my reflection. It was like there was a slight delayed reaction. The reflection would move an instant after I did. I moved both my hands upward at the same speed and to the same height, but one of the reflection's hands was noticeably lower. I put one hand down and waved with the one which seemed to be "lagging". The reflection waved back... and continued waving after I stopped. I took a quick step back. The reflection made some other hand motions and seemed amused at my shock.
 
I felt hands pulling me upward and I started to drift. The reflection was speaking, but I could hear nothing. Then everything faded and I couldn't see anything but black. I thought that perhaps my eyes were closed, but I didn't feel like making the effort to open them. I didn't quite realize I was dreaming; I figured at the time that I had died and was being taken to whatever plane of existence came next, and that that was why things weren't following the laws of physics. The entire time I was moving upwards, and it seemed to go on and on. Finally, I woke up with a heavy tingling feeling. I was surprised to find that I was not, in fact, dead, but I had simply woken up from a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment