Tuesday, January 1, 2013

June or July, 2007 - Little Black Dog

I was getting chased by a little black creature, but I escaped or "woke up" and wasn't too worried about it.

***

I was in a parking lot with my parents. I had a little sister. A government agent came in a black car and took her away. He told my mom that if we wanted her back, she would have to provide papers proving she was her mother by September fifth. Then he drove away and my mom panicked. She rushed into a random car and so did my dad. I got in the back seat and looked at the closest row of cars. Our own red Mazda was sitting there with its doors open. I insisted on closing it's doors so that no one would take it. My mom said "All right, but hurry up!"

I got up and ran towards it. I had to pass in front of an oncoming silver car, which looked like it was stopping. Then, at the last minute, they gunned it and came at me. I tried to jump out of the way, but the silver car knocked me down and I hurt my fingers as the wheels passed over them. I got up, yelling at the retreating car angrily, then closed the doors of the red car, which turned out not to be ours after all. Frustrated, I ran back to the car that my parents were in and jumped in quickly. I complained about the car that had knocked me over and hurt my fingers, and my parents got annoyed at me for distracting them when the government had taken my sister. My mom kept muttering about September fifth.


After a period of quiet, I decided to sleep or rest. I wanted to get a dream. When I closed my eyes, I immediately saw a vivid, colorful scene. I opened my eyes. I was amazed that I had seen something so soon. I hadn't gone into a trance or anything! I decided not to worry about why it happened so easily and closed my eyes again, trying not to lose the scene.

I was standing at the top of a hill looking over patches of farm land. There were more hills to the sides, mountains in the distance ahead of me, and the sky was lit with the vibrant colors of the setting sun. The scene made me feel happy and calm. I watched a distant line being cut in a wheat field. It was made by a tractor. Only, what had started out as a straight line became erratic further along, winding back and forth. I watched the tractor for a moment, apprehension starting to kick in. When I looked closer, I saw that no one was driving the tractor, and the key was still in the ignition. I ran down the hill for the tractor, covering the distance sooner than my speed would account for. What happened to the farmer? I wondered, the apprehension getting worse and worse as I remembered the little black creature from earlier. I grabbed the key and pulled it out, stopping the tractor.

I had a substantial amount of fear by now. I had gone from looking at the scene to being in the center of it. And everything seemed so real, from the feel of the small silver key that I was still clutching in my hand to the quick movement I thought I just saw in the shadows. There was a tall, transparent platform nearby. I knew how this story went. I would wait around while there were bits of movement and rustlings and it started to get dark and that sort of thing, then the black creature would jump out and come at me. I would start running and do things like jump up on the platform to try to get away.

I decided to cut things short and went straight for the platform. The creature decided to cut things short also and went straight for me. I barely made it up onto the platform and I pulled my leg up just before the creature could chomp its jaws around it. Up close I could see that the creature looked like a little black dog, only with all the cute removed. A split second later and the dog was on the platform as well. I should have known. Creatures like that are always good at jumping. I scrambled to my feet and ran along the platform, the dog right behind me. It was tearing at my leg and, in a panic, I turned around to kick at it. This was something I had never done to any dream creature before, and I still didn't manage to, as I woke up right then.

No comments:

Post a Comment