Friday, January 4, 2013

April, 2007 - Floating in the Living Room

I was upstairs in my room along with my friend AP who was visiting. As we were coming out of the room, I looked at my hand to do a reality check. I had seven fingers. "I'm dreaming." I said, mostly to myself. I asked AP, "How many fingers do you have on your hand?"

"Uh, five." she said as if this were obvious.

"No, count them!"

AP looked at her hand, her expression going from mildly confused to completely perplexed.

I didn't wait to see her reaction beyond that. I glided down over the stairs, repeating to myself that I was dreaming. I floated around the living room going almost as high as the ceiling. My mom's piano student, K, had just come in for a lesson, and I told her and my mom that I was dreaming. They acted as if nothing was happening out of the ordinary. K began complaining about back pain. I started excitedly telling her that she could instantly make the pain go away, and that she could materialize anything she wanted. Just turn around and there would the the item. I babbled on a bit more, then floated away
and lapsed back into normal dreaming. I wandered around the house, just walking now. AP came downstairs, and we went into the family room to talk.


Note: Clear thoughts and good focus in dreams, even lucid ones, generally requires a significant amount of skill and practice. Hence why whenever I realize I'm dreaming, I still have to keep reminding myself of the fact periodically. Otherwise, as happened in this example, I'll lapse back into regular dreaming; that is, I'll forget that it's not "real".

No comments:

Post a Comment