Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 27th, 2007 - My Friend the Pyromaniac


My friend TF was demonstrating her abilities with fire. She got a ball of fire to swirl so fast that it turned into a controlled tornado. It looked like it was about four feet tall and six feet wide. This demonstration was held in my living room, and my dad watched it with mild interest for a while.

***

We were at a really long dinner table with a bunch of other people present. TF was showing off her pyrokenises on candles by causing the flames to twist. I was impressed with that, as was everyone else that was paying attention, but then I remembered then that she could do a whole lot more than slowly twisting a little flame.

***

We had to catch a train to get away fast, so we went into a section that was like an underground station. We made it onto a strange train. I didn't like the feel of it. The only obvious way out was the way we came in, and I was distinctly aware of the possibility of being trapped. There were lots of orange plastic chairs, about two thirds of which were occupied. TF began talking to a dark haired woman who was near the entrance and looked knowledgeable. TF asked her some questions, and I mostly listened. The woman was describing some vague procedures, which only served to make me more paranoid.

There were chairs lining the walls facing outwards, and another row of chairs down the center facing forwards. The dark haired woman told us to take our seats, and we sat in the center row, TF directly behind me. The last few people sat down, then a man walked in who radiated negative energy. He seemed almost exactly like the evil sorcerer from "The Invaders" dream. He hovered his hands on either side of one of the passenger's head, then moved on to the next one. He continued like this all the way down the row to my left. No one seemed to be bothered by this, but the train was completely silent.

I suddenly realized what was happening; all the passenger's minds were being scanned, one by one. My fears were confirmed. If we were discovered, we would be trapped. Therefore, the only possibility was to somehow keep my mind blank and remain calm. This proved to be exceedingly difficult, because the closer the sorcerer got, the stronger I could feel his negative energy.

By the time the sorcerer reached the back of the center row, I had been fighting an overwhelming feeling of disgust and negativity for too long. The energy started to become physically painful, and my concentration wavered. TF passed the scanning without incident and I regained a blank mind. But it was too late. We were discovered. The sorcerer shouted for the guards. We reacted swiftly, dodging the guards before they entered the room. We ran, chased by the guards who were conveniently identifiable by their black uniforms.

TF and I found ourselves in the midst of a street fair. We navigated frantically through the crowd of locals, who merely continued about their business. The sea was directly to our left until we got to a wider section of side walk, then the bay curved away from us. TF muttered that she wished she was a mermaid in the water so she could go faster. I thought idly that fast though a mermaid would be in the water, it would be completely helpless on land.

The pathway sloped downwards for quite a ways, then flattened out again further on. There were no more people at this point, except for a little girl who looked to be about seven. She was running as well. TF had reached the bottom of the sloped section and I was just behind her. I looked back to see that the girl had fallen down. The guards were approaching. I tried to help the girl, but I couldn't reach her. TF doubled back towards us, using psychokinesis to move the girl within my reach. I caught a hold of her arm. Then TF and I carried the girl, since she couldn't run fast enough to keep up with us.

At some point I said "We're out of our element here!" This reminded me of the analogy about the mermaid out of water. Then I thought, wait a minute, my element is supposed to be wind...

"Let me guess, you can fly." TF said dryly. I was doubtful at the time that I could fly, but I figured I could at least speed up our running, maybe make us lighter. It seemed to be working. After a while I realized that we truly were flying, high above the clouds. I think I overdid the height, though, because we wound up floating around in space. Then we got separated and I drifted very quickly away from Earth. Whoops. I was concerned about how far away it was getting. I tried changing directions and fell into a lopsided orbit. Eventually I saw the moon, and I aimed for it. I worried momentarily that the impact would hurt, but that didn't turn out to be a problem.


When I reached the moon, I got an aerial view of it, like a map laid out below me. I discovered that the government had installed a smart-house system on the moon which could materialize anything. Using this system I started putting in rivers and roads. The moon made some changes of it's own; where there had been an ocean, it sectioned the water off and made it more shallow, saying it wasn't safe otherwise, something about sting rays. It told me that if I hurt myself, I would lose my powers. I put the finishing touches on the rivers by making sure they lined up. Next, I wanted to create a giant structure from sand, to be made more stable later. I tried to figure out how I would go about building it, and the moon piped in, "Hello, I can materialize anything in the universe!"

I got the impression that the moon was offering to build the structure itself, but I wanted something to do, so I asked for a bucket. A bucket appeared by my feet, and I filled it with water from the river. Then I mixed sand in with it. I had a lot of fun playing around with different consistencies. I got a handful of wet sand, then shaped it into a sort of brick shape and lodged it in the ground.

It was starting to look really cool because there were little seashells in the walls. I shaped the walls into a curve, at first thinking of creating a circle, then I changed my mind and began curving it the other way. I ran my finger down the spot where the two curves connected to give it more design, amazed at how easy it was, and began thinking about how I could make a house out of it and wondering where to put the fireplace.

In the meantime, I noticed that I wouldn't have enough room, so I moved the whole thing closer to the river. I still didn't have enough room, so I moved the river. I took a break from building to re-align the rivers. I noticed that the one that I had just moved was very clean and crystal clear, but there were other bodies of water that flowed into it that weren't completely clean. I started blending the colors of the rivers to make it look more realistic. That was probably around the time when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment