Wednesday, January 9, 2013

September 18th, 2007 - Dodging Bullets

I was watching a story. There was a couple who were getting married really quickly because they were going to die in two days. The dream transitioned to where I was the one who was going to die soon, and I was writing a letter to my dad. Then I got distracted by a site on the internet. It was showing sections of space. I was "planning a course". Each time I clicked a direction, a circle with a scene inside it would pop up. I tried to navigate around a section of empty black space that I didn't want to go through, but it was turning out to be a long detour.

***

I was carpooling with a bunch of people that I knew in the dream. I think they included the couple from earlier. There was some discussion which I can't remember, and then I got out of the car and went into a building.

I saw a man with a gun. He had his back to me and was aiming at me with a mirror. I thought, "What am I, Medusa?" I sighed and dodged before the gun went off, landing and rolling onto my stomach. The guy dropped the mirror, so I picked it up and turned it away from myself. The bullets were reflected off the mirror. The mirror wasn't very large, so every time I saw the end of the gun in a slightly different position, I had to move the mirror so that it would reflect the bullet.

There was a long pause between the aiming of the gun and the shooting. That is, everything was moving in slow motion, so it wasn't particularly hard to align the mirror. After a while, I began to get tired. I wondered how long it would be before the bullets would run out. I planned on ducking behind the sofa as soon as he had to take the time to reload. It seemed to go on and on, until finally the bullets ran out. But instead of reloading, the guy pulled out a machine gun. The ridiculousness of it all was almost amusing. I went for the sofa anyways. I woke up in the hallway of my house. I assumed this meant I had "died". I casually informed my mom, and a vague dream continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment