Monday, January 7, 2013

July 17th, 2007 - Realm of the Immortal Statues


I was in the kitchen. I was holding a random cylindrical object, and it was whispering. I set it inside a cupboard. There was a whole row of cupboards, each one different, and they had an ancient feel to them. There was an antique copper key for every cupboard. Each key had a flat handle with a curved edge and holes cut into it to form intricate designs.

There were voices emanating from the cupboards. I wasn't particularly surprised, just mildly apprehensive. I felt the need to lock them away. I was supposed to go through a set of procedures. I had to turn the key, pull it down, turn it another way, pull it to the side and turn it once more in the opposite direction. It was confusing at first, and the voices accused me of doing it wrong. I was going from the right to left along the row of cupboards. I got the hang of it after I'd locked a few. Although it wasn't just about locking the cupboards. It was a ritual.

By the time I finished I was no longer in the kitchen. The cupboards were all that remained the same in my surroundings. I was in a wide, dusty and clay-like corridor. The place was dimmer than the kitchen had been, lit by candles or torches, perhaps, rather than electrical lights. There were several people around, but the most prominent was a stern woman in her thirties. She spoke to me. I was seeing things from the perspective of an young woman who was new to this place, and rather inexperienced. Apparently I had several tasks assigned to me. I got the impression that the next one would not be fun. I opened the door at the end of the corridor and entered the room, the stern woman following.

There were four sisters of varying ages who were evidently involved in a ritual. I positioned one of the girls in a niche in the corner. Apparently this wasn't right, and the stern woman started giving instructions. My perspective became that of an observer, still connected to my character in a sense, but watching rather than creating actions.

My character - the young woman - moved the remaining three girls to a different spot in the room and stood with them. The stern woman said something about getting a ladder, then started yelling urgently. My character and the three girls beside her turned into white statues, and I switched back into the perspective of the young woman. I felt like I was being pulled and stretched away from my body. There was an highly irritating, oppressive feeling. I saw and heard a long number, which was over a billion. This shocked me, because I knew that it represented the number of people that had gone through this very same thing.

Eventually I found myself in a strange open space with stone floors. It had that "other dimension" feel to it. There were places sectioned off by gates and fences. I saw several pure white people filing into these sections, and they motioned for me to hurry and do the same before the sun went down. When they stood still, they looked like nothing but lifeless statues again.

One statue person came along, apparently to close the gates. The others were warning me not to step on the blue stones that were just past the gates. I got the impression that this dimension was some sort of immortality, only the price was that we had to become statues every night. I suddenly remembered a legend. It told of four girls who were supposed to be sacrificed to such an existence in exchange for an extremely valuable item. A young woman sacrificed herself in place of one of the girls. Then, at the last minute, she tried to run back to the world of the living and died instead of becoming a statue because she went beyond the blue stones. The gates were closing, and I was torn. I felt the urge to run past the gates, despite the cries from the other statues. However, since I knew the story, I forced myself to remain where I was.

***

I was on a bridge, arguing with one of the other statues. We were allowed to wander and explore relatively freely during the day. But not as freely as I wanted to, hence the argument. That's about the time I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment